What is Hindu Astrology?
Hindu Astrology is the English name of an ancient science which is used for predicting future of an individual in India and is termed as Jyotish. This science is practiced by Indian astrologers from more than 8000 years. Hindu Astrology differs from Western Astrology as Hindu astrologers give their predictions by using fixed zodiac and Western Astrologers give their predictions by using moving zodiac.
Significance of Hindu Astrology
Astrology plays a great role in Hindu religion as many important decisions of their life are taken according to their horoscope. But it should be remembered that correct horoscope can be prepared only when correct information regarding an individual such as date of birth, time of birth and place of birth is available. A newly born baby is also named according to the letter of horoscope as there is a belief in Hindus that it impacts the life of child. Hindu Astrology implies 27 constellations which are combination of twelve zodiac signs, 12 houses along with 9 planets. Specific aspects related to human life are represented by these planets and houses.
Elements of Hindu Astrology
Basic elements which play a great role in future prediction include nine planets, twelve zodiac signs and twelve houses. Planets are termed as ‘Grahas’, twelve zodiac signs are termed as ‘Rashis’ and houses are termed as ‘Sthanas’ or ‘Bhavas’ in Sanskrit. The names of nine planets in Sanskrit are as follows:
• Sun is known as Ravi.
• Moon is called Chandra
• Mars is termed as Mangala.
• Mercury is called Budha.
• Guru is the name of Jupiter.
• Venus is known as Shukra.
• Shani is the name of Saturn.
• Rahu and Ketu are Sanskrit names themselves.
Impacts of Astrological Elements
• Sun sign gives information regarding nature and personality of an individual.
• Moon sign is related with instincts and inner self.
• Position of planets is related with destiny of an individual.
• Various areas of life are defined by twelve houses of horoscope.
• An individual’s depth character is determined by Nakshatras.
• The twelve signs, their lords, and their characteristics are given below:
Basic information of zodiac signs
• Mesha is the Sanskrit name of Aries and its Lord is Mars..
• Taurus is known as Vrishaba and its Lord is Venus.
• Gemini is termed as Mithuna in Samskrit and Mercury is its Lord.
• Karkata is Sanskrit name of Cancer and Moon is its Lord.
• Leo is called Simha and its Lord is Sun.
• Kanya is a Sanskrit word used for .Virgo and its Lord is Mercury.
• Libra is termed as Thula and Venus is its Lord.
• Scorpio is Sanskrit name and is Lord is Mars.
• Dhanush is Sanskrit word for Sagittarius and its Lord is Jupiter.
• Capricorn is known as Makar and Saturn is its Lord.
• Aquarius is termed as Kumbha and its lord is also Saturn.
• Meena is the name for Pisces and Jupiter is its Lord.
Hindu astrology is depend on 9 planets, 12 Zodiacs and 27 Nakshatra
Planets in Indian Vedic Astrology ’
Know the nature, effect, remedy, Gem stone, mantra, yantra of the planet. Click on the planet
Know about your sign.
Nakshatra in Indian Vedic astrology
Know about your birth Nakshatra
11.Purva Phalguni Nakshatra
12.Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra
25.Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra
26.Uttara Bhadrapada Nakshatra